Squadle is committed to delivering flexible, user-friendly applications that enable multi-unit operators, convenience stores, and retailers to simplify complex operations and streamline food safety. We are revolutionizing the way people work.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded startup organization with a sophisticated and talented team in place. Our customers operate tens of thousands of locations worldwide and include the largest and most respected brands in their industries. We are experiencing tremendous growth and need a Business Intelligence Engineer to support the team and help capitalize on the momentum.
You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of driving meaningful change among the business with data insights and analysis. In this role, you will use your excellent analytical abilities and knowledge of business intelligence solutions to produce high-quality technical content – translating business needs into technical designs. You are a self-starter who is comfortable forging your own trail, with a sharp eye for details and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilize database knowledge and scripting skills to mine data for dashboard consumption.
- Set standards and direction for the data analytics and reporting platform.
- Identify and prioritize the deliverables from data sources and influence how teams and departments develop and support dependent applications.
- Collaborate with developers, stakeholders and subject matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs to create baseline report bundles.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format. Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets
- Work in an Agile environment that is all about solving the customer’s problem.
- Work with our internal stakeholders and clients to understand the client’s data, business and all rules and nuances around the data.
- Train and provide support for data, reports, and general data knowledge gauged appropriately to the audience’s skill set and knowledge.
Requirement and Qualifications
- Must be experienced in enterprise reporting tools (i.e., Looker, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, or Domo), ideally Domo to apply
- Ideally have experience working with datasets from Firebase Realtime Database, MySql, CouchDb and BigQuery.
- Restaurant, hospitality or healthcare experience preferred
- Experience developing dashboards that have drill-down capabilities (Domo preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information, Healthcare, Finance or other related field of study (preferred)
- Solid creative thinking, learning agility, decision making, problem solving, reasoning, and visualization skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational skills
- Experience training end users to interpret data into action-oriented knowledge
- Able to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
The Squadle Experience
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- On-going training and development with opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer.