Squadle is committed to delivering flexible, user-friendly applications that enable multi-unit operators, convenience stores, and retailers to simplify complex operations and streamline food safety. We are revolutionizing the way people work.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded startup organization with a sophisticated and talented team in place. Our customers operate tens of thousands of locations worldwide and include the largest and most respected brands in their industries. We continue to experience tremendous growth and need a QA Engineer to support the team and help capitalize on the momentum.
You are passionate about driving quality for our customers. Working with cutting-edge web applications and microservices in a high-volume SaaS environment, you ensure that changes made to applications meet all requirements and acceptance criteria without introducing any undesired or negative consequences (poor performance, the introduction of new bugs, etc.).You will report to the CTO and participate in the entire testing process, including planning, estimating and scheduling of the testing function, requirements analysis, test case development and execution, along with tracking and reporting progress. You must be able to identify risks and solutions associated with proposed software designs, have broad expertise in QA practices and procedures, perform a variety of complex tasks with minimal guidance and can create automated testing scripts for Node.js and iOS.
- Be an integral, embedded member of an Agile team.
- Help define and mature the QA process at Squadle; including defining testing strategies (manual, automation, etc.) that ensure superior quality while keeping the team accountable to these processes.
- Effectively partner with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders during the planning/design stages of the development lifecycle (shift-left testing) to ensure solid definition (requirements/acceptance criteria) and that quality is thought about upfront and throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop test plans that cover all functional and non-functional (usability, scalability/load, security, etc.) requirements for a given project and that meet the overall testing and quality assurance goals of the applications.
- Execute test plans to identify bugs, missed requirements, performance issues, etc.
- Log bugs, missed requirements, performance issues, etc. found during testing into a bug tracking system.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to resolve bugs and verify that they are fixed.
- Design and develop automated test scripts to automate as much of the regression testing process as possible.
- Provide input towards general process improvements; be an active participant in code reviews and retrospectives.
- Stay current in the industry by attending educational opportunities, conferences, and workshops, reading publications and professional networking.
Requirement and Qualifications
- 4-year degree in information technology or related field(s) along with 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with Agile (scrum, kanban) development processes – Required
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium, Appium or similar automation
- In-depth, working knowledge of the major areas of software engineering and the software development life cycle – Required
- Experience with cloud-based load and performance testing – Preferred
- Experience testing multi-tiered SaaS applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A passion for quality and high attention to detail
- Solid understanding of a Software-as-a Service (SaaS) business model
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
The Squadle Experience
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and Company Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Holidays
- On-going training and development with opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer.